What's the Worst That Could Happen?
"An invisible red thread connects those who are destined to meet, regardless of time, place, or circumstance. The thread may stretch or tangle, but will never break." -Chinese Proverb
We wanted more children so we waited, unlucky, decided to adopt, we finished the paperwork, we're paper pregnant, and SURPRISE - we're also expecting biological twins. This blog is our life with three tots the same age and an older brother.
Tuesday, June 26, 2007
Monday, June 25, 2007
Internet Humor my wife will probably not laugh at.
One of the things that's great about the Internet is the number of bizarre memes and in-jokes and such that go around, and get folded, spindled and mutilated.
All Your Base are Belong to Us
Numa Numa, Which was parodied in a million places.
Chuck Norris Facts, that turned into the Fred Thompson Facts.
If you are a geek like I am, you have probably run into these.
Well, one of the latest is Lolcats. It's silly, stupid and pointless. But definately funny to a geek. Basically, take a picture of a cat, apply a silly caption (likely with poor grammar), and make people laugh.
Well, with any Internet Meme, It has mutated. I've seen LolCode (A Programming language in the Lolcats Syntax) Lol Presidents, etc. etc. A Good read on the whole LolX phenomonon is here.
Well, What can be cuter than Cats with silly text? Babies with Silly Text. Presenting LolBabies, along with my personal favorite below. If you've been reading here very long, you might recognize him.
I might just have to find captions for some of the other munchkins running around here.
Sunday, June 24, 2007
Isn't there always one of these in the family?
I've always been told there's a silly one in every family. I'm not even sure I'd use the word silly, maybe unique. Andrew loves the laundry baskets. Tonight he put on a show for us over and over.
Here's a clip of one of his talents.
Wednesday, June 20, 2007
Hair All Gone
I DID IT!!! I cut it off. Tomorrow it's on the way to Locks of Love. It's going to take some getting use to a shorter haircut but already it's a relief in this hot/humid weather.
Tuesday, June 19, 2007
First "Real" Haircut
I took Madelyn for her first haircut since homecoming. Finally no more hairs are dangling in her eyes. It's hard for her to keep a bow in her hair b/c of two young brothers pulling them out so it was time to cut those bangs. More was cut off the back than I wanted but it was very uneven so at least now it's a cute little bob. She looks more feminine now too I think. Those stray hairs were driving me nuts.
Friday, June 15, 2007
Clean Drinking Water Projects
Monday, June 11, 2007
1. Madelyn is slowly feeding herself. Most of it ends up in her lap but she is trying. A cracker gets bit into but most of the time the part in her mouth falls out.
2. She takes a sippy cup a swallow at a time. I'm hoping she's off the bottle in the next few weeks.
3. She can crawl all the way up the stairs. I think it takes about 30 minutes but she can make it. The least bit of distraction though stops her. There also can't be anything on her legs when she's trying to go up the stairs.
4. She attempts the hand/arm motions to "Itsy Bitsy Spider."
5. She claps when anyone says "yeaaaa!"
6. She's going through a definite fear of strangers right now. If she isn't comfortable with someone, she's going to scream and scream - no stopping it.
7. Snot - still not cured. I haven't the slightest clue what is next. People that moved to NC have told me they had the worst problems with allergies in this state. My guess she's one of those - doesn't mean we're moving out of NC though.
8. Cruises just a little bit on the couch - only a few steps.
9. She participates in Early Intervention once a week and occupational therapy once a month.
10. Still thinks her brother Logan is the silliest creature she's ever seen.
Sunday, June 03, 2007
Gotta brag on the other kids too
Saturday, June 02, 2007
Eating out with the Trio
Tonight Tony and I had a trip out to a resturant with the trio...Nate, Andrew and Madelyn. Logan is spending the night with my mom. We don't do this often for obvious reasons......."THREE highchairs, please!!!" Tonight all three babies were good. That alone was a miracle. BUT another miracle occurred - Madelyn picked up food on her tray with her own hands and ATE it. Tony put small bites of a yeast roll on her tray and she did her very best at picking it up and eating it. He also put cut up pieces of ham on her tray and she did the same thing. She did drop alot but it was actually going into her mouth and staying and was swallowed with no vomiting. WOOHOO!!! I hope she continues this at home. I'm definitely going to try it at breakfast time.
Before we started to wipe off the kids to leave, a family sat behind us at another table. The lady was facing me and she happened to notice our number of highchairs with babies in them and of course made the comment EVERYBODY makes "YOU'VE GOT YOUR HANDS FULL." Anyway, she questions me "Triplets?" and at the same time Madelyn turned her head where the lady could see her face and she said "One adopted" and nodded her head. Is this how strangers are going to see her everytime we go out? Probably so, but are they outloud going to say something everytime?