Saturday, March 04, 2006

Saturday morning update

Bridget here again! I spoke to Tony this morning to get an update on the babies and Melissa. Great news is that Melissa was able to attempt to nurse Andrew this morning! I haven't heard how it went but at least they are able to hold him and he's eating well. Nathaniel is still in NICU with an IV. He is having problems with his blood sugar so the doctors are trying to get that under control. Please keep praying for baby Nate. Tony hasn't been able to hold Nate yet. I think, if I remember correctly, Melissa did hold him yesterday for a minute or two. I don't know if he's eating well from a bottle or not.

Melissa is still suffering massive back pain. It is making it extremely difficult for her to stand and walk. She has to have assistance for that. I spoke with Tony about this since I know firsthand about back problems (one spine surgery, metal implants, permanent nerve damage - I'm pretty knowledgable on this). Tony is going to speak to her doctor about getting that MRI or CT scan done on her spine as soon as possible. I told him if I need to, I'll go in myself and have a talk with that doctor. Gonna make sure that our Melissa is well taken care of so that she can take care of her babies and Logan.

I won't be able to see Melissa today due to new medication I had to start yesterday. It affects my coordination so I can't safely drive. I should be good to go tomorrow so I'll get more pictures then. Melissa might be released from the hospital tomorrow - yay! I'll keep everyone updated as I get information. Hopefully you'll be able to hear from Tony or Melissa themselves soon. Again, they thank you all for your prayers and moral support. They are extremely appreciative.
May God bless this day with miracles and advancements for Melissa and the twins.

1 Comments:

At 6:06 PM, Blogger OziMum said...

Sending you prayers from across the sea
May God be with you
And all your family
Melissa, Tony, Andrew, Nate and Logan too
Praying for speedy recovery
Good health & strength too
It'll be OK
My thoughts are with you
Lee-Anne

 

Post a Comment

<< Home