Friday, February 24, 2006

Our New Home

We've now owned our home one week as of Today. It's wonderful being able to have a house to live in again even though it looks destroyed in the inside right now. We have boxes all over the place. We've unpacked many boxes and last night I even had a lady come over and get some of the empty boxes. When she saw the stack she said "this is more than I'll need" but she said she was a realtor and would share the boxes after she's done or with what she doesn't use for her clients. I think half of our stuff is all Logan's. When the movers saw the storage buildings they asked Tony how many kids we had. I've saved everything since he was a baby so I guess it looks like we have tons of kids already.
This is the mess in our garage we still have to unpack. Everything in this picture was in storage plus some of the furniture brought inside. Before we moved we had a yard sale, took lots to Salvation Army and Goodwill and gave some things away to friends. How did we ever accumulate all this stuff? I can't figure out how it all fit in our last house. I'm already starting another pile now for charities. Would you believe we still have a few van trips in our apartment? We plan on this weekend trying to get everything out of there.

Unfortunately I can't do as much as I want to do around here. I'm just not physically able to while 33 weeks pregnant. I swelled up really bad over moving weekend and my OB told me to rest as much as possible. That's not easy for me to do right now. I want to get my house in order NOW and make it look fabulous and get rid of all the boxes.

We found out Sunday we were victims of credit card theft. Thankfully it was after we closed on the house. Someone did lots of online shopping with our number. Our card has been canceled and we're waiting on the credit card company to mail us a list of the charges to go through, but as of right now, we have no credit card and have no idea how much was put on there.

Today I'm actually home all day. I think it's the first day of this week I haven't had to run errands or have any appointments so I'm hoping to get some things accomplished around here.

3 Comments:

At 1:24 PM, Blogger M3 said...

Congratulations on the new home!!!!!


Ahhhhh, home sweet home. :-)

 
At 10:57 PM, Blogger Jenny V said...

Congrats on your beautiful home! Take that doctors advice and rest! I am so sorry about the credit card deal! That just sucks!
Hope you get unpacked and settled soon.
Jenny V.
www.sophiashope.com

 
At 6:05 AM, Blogger OziMum said...

Love the house - it's beautiful (the trees in the background are a gorgeous backdrop!). I can't believe you're already 33 weeks!!! The time has flown (probably not for you!!!) Bummer bout the credit card theft. What a pain in the butt.

Lee-Anne

 

Post a Comment

<< Home