Friday, March 03, 2006

THEY ARE HERE!!!

Hey everyone! Bridget here again, posting on behalf of Tony and Melissa. Tony called me not two minutes ago to tell me and his son Logan (who is in my care at the moment) that the babies have arrived!!!

Nathaniel was born first, weighing in at 6 pounds 9 ounces. Apgar score for the first minute was 6 and for the five minute mark was 9. He has more hair than his brother.

Andrew was born shortly after, weighing in at 5 pounds 10 ounces. His apgar score for the first minute was 8 and for the five minute mark 9.

Both babies have been moved to NICU for a short period of time, however they are both extremely healthy with strong lungs and doing wonderfully! No csection was performed and Melissa came out of this delivery in MUCH better shape than when she had Logan. Melissa is in recovery right now and will be moved to her room shortly. Tony is going to call me when it's time for me to take Logan up to meet his new brothers. I have to stop by their house first to pick up some things that were forgotten in the hustle and bustle of this morning's excitement. I'm bringing my digital camera as well as theirs, so there will be tons of pictures very soon!!

Tony and Melissa wish to thank you all for your continuing support and prayers. They appreciate it all. Right now they are basking in the prescence of their new sons so I'm not sure when you will receive a personal post by one of them. Hopefully soon. I will be sure to update on their behalf until they are able to do so.

Congratulations, Tony and Melissa and Logan!

And welcome to our world, Nathaniel and Andrew! You are in for quite a ride, filled with love and joy! God bless this family!!

8 Comments:

At 2:54 PM, Blogger M3 said...

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 
At 4:04 PM, Blogger Shannon said...

Congrats Melissa!! I'm so happy for you and Logan and Tony! What a blessing that the births went well. Have a great weekend MOM!!!

 
At 4:13 PM, Blogger My Baby Ain't White said...

So very happy for y'all!!! Cannot wait to come and help out...and kiss on the new babies!!

(((HUGS)))

~Karen

 
At 4:51 PM, Blogger Jenny V said...

Oh my gosh, this is soooo coool!! Congratulations Melissa and family. I have been checking my computer ever hour or so to see how you are doing and then bang! the babies are here! I am so happy for you. I am so glad there was no C-section! And those boys are healthy! 5 & 6 pounders! That is just great! My dear sister-in-law had a C-section at 32 weeks and had two healthy babies. (boy/girl) They were just about 3 pounds each and so they were in the hospital for quite awhile. I hope you recover soon and that you get to bring those sweet babies home with you! May God bless you and your expanded family!
Congratulations!!
Jenny V
www.sophiashope.com

 
At 7:11 PM, Blogger Nesha said...

Melissa,
Hang in there, and CONGRATS on the new ones!! I bet you're psyced to have boys AND then a girl all in such a short period of time!!! Your cup runnith over. Wishing you the very best.
-Danesha

 
At 7:24 PM, Blogger Samantha said...

Congratulations! How exciting!

 
At 11:13 PM, Blogger OziMum said...

OMG!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!! How fantastic for you all!!! I've got goosebumps all over! Will keep you all in my prayers that your little men can come out of NICU quickly.
Thinking of you!
Lee-Anne

 
At 6:29 AM, Blogger Katja said...

Congratulations to all of you! I am so happy for you, that all is well.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home