Sunday, February 19, 2006

Moving Day

Yesterday was our big moving day. Hiring movers was the best idea ever. Those men worked hard for 12-13 hours straight. Unfortunately we had an underestimate of what we owned so everything didn't get moved but at least all the furniture was moved and the majority of the boxes. I'm back at the apartment now b/c lots still has to be packed and moved. Fortunately we have a couple weeks to finish it all.

We love our new house. There are several things we have to report back to the builders Monday like our missing garage door openers, wet carpet (not sure why), and a few other things they said they would do but never did. We spent the night there last night but I couldn't sleep. We forgot pillows so I attempted the recliner to sleep in and it didn't work. After my 45 minute soak in the bathtub around 2am this morning, I took towels and made my own pillow the best I could. By 5am I gave up and got ready and came back to the apartment to do some more packing and cleaning. Logan slept on the couch b/c his bed was not setup.

Speaking of that bathtub that's I've mentioned on the blog before, it's not the biggest I've ever seen but at least it fits a large pregnant woman like me in it. We didn't have any soap at the house except handsoap but I did enjoy sitting in there middle of the night, no noises from neighbors or interruptions from Logan. Our bathroom is the hotest room in the house. It can turn into a sauna with the heat going and hot water in the tub.

Neither mine nor Tony's clothes made it to the house except underwear and socks so we slept in dirty clothes. I had to bring underwear and socks to the apartment so I could bathe here since the shampoo was here. However, I forgot that my hairdryer did make it to the house as well as makeup and hairbrush so I look a bit rough.

Leia hasn't yet seen the house. She'll remain at the apartment until we get everything moved. She'll probably go nuts with extra space to run around in and might slim up. I like fat cats though.

Off to do more packing and cleaning and then grocery shopping. We're getting our refrigerator sometime today. I'll post photos later. Gotta see how much is packed in our garage. I don't know if we'll park in there anytime in the near future due to all of the boxes. How we ever fit all this stuff in our old house I don't know, let alone 2 storage buildings and a small apartment.

1 Comments:

At 12:26 PM, Blogger Yvonne said...

So excited for you! Take your time to get settled, and don't work too hard - can't wait to see the pics!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home