Monday, May 05, 2008

Starving and sooooo tired

Would you believe these nurses have not offerred anything to eat since we checked in at 6:30 last night? Madelyn is hungry. Fortunately I have some cheerios but she really shouldn't have these b/c of the wheat. There's no rice milk in their drink area here, just whole milk and juices. My kids stomachs can only tolerate about one juice a day and they get diarrhea. That's the case this morning. Madelyn has been drinking juices and having explosions. She will not drink water and I'm watering down the juices but I think she needs some milk and solids. I can't walk away b/c she has a baby alarm on her leg and I'm definitely not leaving her alone in this room.

It's been a long night. After the last treatment she didn't get back to sleep until around 2:30 and when the RT came back at 4 I pretty much said "go away" b/c she was sleeping good. She needs a treatment now that's for sure but they are in shift changes so probably will not get any service until after 8am. I think I got maybe an hour of sleep, maybe 30 minutes before 4am and about 30 after. I feel like I need a hip replacement after sleeping on this horrible furniture.

Beside breathing treatment she has not been given any other medicines all night. I thought that was the purpose so they could speed up the recovery with other meds and the steroids. Poor thing sounds as bad as yesterday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home