Sunday, May 04, 2008

Madelyn's first visit to ER

Madelyn woke up this morning having difficulty breathing so before we gave her breakfast Tony gave her a breathing treatment. We didn't see any difference from the treatment. I was afraid she was reacting to all the strawberries she ate yesterday. She had a 2 on the scratch test for strawberries so we thought she would be okay. I called the pediatrician who told us to go to the ER. Tony has reported back to me now that the doctor says she has an early case of pneumonia.

All the allergy info and being given an epipen this week has me so paranoid about an anaphylactic reaction now. I don't know how we're suppose to know the difference in a reaction to something she has eaten vs just being sick. I asked Tony if this is related to an allergic reaction and according to the ER doctor we have no way of knowing. I think this definitely calls for a trip back to the Allergist this week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home