Sunday, May 04, 2008

Not the accomodations I prefer

I like a night away once in a while but not overnight in a hospital. Madelyn woke from her nap having a really hard time breathing and it scared me. I did a breathing treatment on her and didn't notice a difference. She also had a fever. I called the pediatrician back who contacted the hospital to get the results from the ER. She told us to come to the children's hospital and stay under observation and said we should not have been sent home. Madelyn is receiving a different med in her breathing treatments here and antibiotics and an oral steroid to help open her breathing passages. We expect to leave in the morning. The latest drug made her sleepy and right now she is laying in her crib looking over at me with sleepy eyes. It's already two hours past bedtime so I'm hoping she konks out soon. It's going to be a long night. I get the nice, squeaky recliner.

When Madelyn is sick, she is not the sweet little pitiful girl like someone might expect. Instead, she is super whiny, fights and kicks, and is a pain in the butt. She has screamed at everyone that has touched her tonight or even just looked at her. Tony even said after the ER trip he'd rather take Nate shopping than have a sick Madelyn (Nate is a horrible shopper).

The latest doctor has said this is not related to the allergy's Madelyn has. She says its viral and bacterial and it is not asthma or bronchitis. She feels so bad and sounds horrible. She couldn't finish a Popsicle tonight if that says how bad she feels.

I think she has finally dozed off..zzzzzzzzzzz.

1 Comments:

At 10:16 PM, Blogger Andie said...

How horrible. Having a little one who can't breath is one of the scariest things I've ever experienced. My two youngest have asthma and the middle one has been hospitalized and in the ER multiple times since he was just a baby. So scary. I pray that she is better really quickly and that you can get some sleep.
Blessings-Andie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home