Monday, May 05, 2008

I'm home but they are not

Tony and I have switched off and I'm home with the twins. I am doing a little investigation on my side. I tried to contact the dietician we've been working with for Madelyn's allergies but she wasn't in the office but I was connected to the nurse at the office. I explained our situation and she said she couldn't diagnose but from what I was telling her and from what she's seen in the past that the strawberries may just have well played a part in this. She said of kids she's seen with respiratory problems and allergies they are more susceptible to sicknesses like pneumonia. Eating the strawberries may have given her a reaction and dropped her immunity down to make her more prone to catching this germ and that's how it hit so quickly. Saturday when we put Madelyn down for bed, she showed no signs of sickness. She always has a runny nose so that isn't a sign to us that there's any sickness coming. How can all of a sudden a girl wake up with pneumonia? I'm going to try to get in touch with the allergist office today and get their opinion.

1 Comments:

At 2:07 PM, Blogger Kendra said...

Our allergist told us the same thing the nurse told you. They actually cautioned us to avoid ALL of Liv's allergens (even 1s and 2s) because of that risk. I'm so frustrated on your behalf!! It's annoying to get so many different stories.

By the way, the last time Liv had pneumonia, she went from completely fine to REALLY sick within a matter of hours. It's SO scary.

You guys are in my thoughts and prayers!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home