Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day

Today is a special day. It's special because I am a Mother. There was a time I wasn't sure I wanted to be a Mother and then when I wanted to be a Mother I couldn't seem to have children. It hurt when Mother's Day came around in 2001 and I had just miscarried my first pregnancy with twins. I was suppose to be a pregnant mom, not a mourning Mom. Fortunately the following year I was able to celebrate with Logan. Now I celebrate with four beautiful children.

Logan presented a new watch to me this morning. It's a watch that holds zoppini charms. I have enough charms to make two bracelets so now I can wear one bracelet and one watch with all my charms. Unfortunately the battery was dead so I've got to find a battery soon for it. The other three presented me some summer PJ's. It's a good thing b/c I was down to wearing rags. Now in the summer when we don't have anything going on in the morning, we can all veg-out in pj's and I'll actually not look like I'm not a homeless person.

Tony said he also ordered me some Crocs but they didn't arrive. I've never worn them, never thought I would, BUT while I was at the foot doctor one day I read out Rx Crocs were made for people with feet problems and how they supply an arch for flat feet. Now that I have the rupture tendon in my left foot, I only wear sneakers b/c that's about all my brace will fit in. I will wear sandals once in a while but I pay for it with horrible pain for a few days. The Crocs will not be an all day shoe but I wanted them for going to the pool. I needed a shoe with some support that it didn't matter if they got wet. I can't wait to try them out.

We didn't do anything that special today. Nate started running a fever so he didn't need to be in the nursery at church nor did the other two since they are still recovering. Even if they had been well, we probably would have skipped church. Sad to say this but when it rains like it was this morning, it's impossible to get three toddlers into church and we not all be soaked. You can't hold umbrella's with this many toddlers. Forget it! Rain shouldn't keep us from church but when it's pouring really hard, it's a good reason for us especially when we have one recovering from pneumonia and highly allergic to aspergillus which I've been told is the moldy smell after a rain.

Logan and I did hit the mall for a movie. We were going to see Nim's Island and see Speed Racer later this week BUT we ran into a friend of his who was going to see Speed Racer and Logan wanted to sit with him. It's definitely a colorful movie and definitely a boy movie. I'm not a racing fan but it was cute.

This evening though I did almost have the poop scared out of me. I went outside to take out the trash and several neighbors were outside yelling at each other that we were under Tornado warning and they could see the funnel clouds and it was by the Speedway. We are very close to Lowe's Motor Speedway (so close we can see the top of it through our playroom windows through the fields). I ran inside yelling at Tony and we turned on the TV's to different stations. I was terrified. Storms scare me. We were fortunate though. No tornado touched down that I know of but it may not be reported to news stations yet. There were reports of tennis ball size hail.

I didn't cook today unless you count microwave. Tony is even picking up supper for just the two of us. I didn't clean anything today, but I'll pay for it tomorrow.

Happy Mother's Day to all Mom's

1 Comments:

At 9:02 PM, Blogger M3 said...

Happy Mother's Day!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home