Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Our night

She rested better than me that's for sure. We woke her around midnight for vitals right after I laid down. I knew that would happen. She went back to sleep but did wake up once another time and tore off the monitor attached to her finger. She's up and has had two of the Enjoy Life Allergen Free cookies I brought from home. At least she's eating something even if it is cookies. We have not seen any nurses or care partners this morning but it's shift change and they seem to forget you exist for an hour during that time. Besides a cough, still being weak, I think she'll be fine once we get home and back into routine and have toys and her brothers and daddy around again. She just threw herself on the floor face down in a tantrum b/c she wants more cookies.

1 Comments:

At 9:24 AM, Blogger Kelley G said...

Melissa,

I feel for you. My son was really sick when he came home from Ukraine. He was about 8 months when we were in the hospital. I finally had to put my foot down and tell the staff that he had already had enough lab that day and also that they must come back for vitals when he was awake. What really broke my heart was to hear all the children crying through the night without parents at their side. I can't imagine leaving my child!

I am a frequent blog watcher of yours. I am also a nurse that believes in the importance of sleep for healing the body@!!!!

Kelley

 

Post a Comment

<< Home