Sunday, February 10, 2008

Sick, Sick and waiting for the other four to get sick

We learned a lesson about taking the kids out in public places during stomach bug season. Remember my posts that we went to the park and YMCA nursery this week? Yesterday morning both boys woke up really sick and I'm betting they picked up germs at one of these places. Nate had exploded with diarrhea EVERYWHERE - himself, crib, floor, wall and even into Andrew's crib. Andrew had vomited into all these places. We didn't know this until after I had just cooked us a big breakfast Saturday morning, something I rarely do. We thought all the babies were just sleeping late not knowing they were sick and quiet. Needless to say our food was cold by the time we got around to it. We had to bathe the boys, strip down cribs, open windows to air out the place (since we had a showing on our house yesterday), and wash walls - actually Tony got to do most of this while I took care of them downstairs and kept the kids out of the way. While we tried to eat, Andrew vomited at the table and Logan almost did after seeing it. Tony later took both boys to the doctor and they got shots to prevent nausea. Andrew covered my vehicle with vomit twice before they made it inside the doctor's office.

This morning the twins are still sick. Andrew is like a zombie and Nate just has little cries and both are snuggling with us lots. They are pitiful. I asked Tony if he wanted to take bets on which one of us would get it next or if we would get it at the same time and if that happened what would we do with the kids? Logan and Madelyn are still well. I'm spraying everything with lysol and wiping down what I can with clorox wipes but I'm sure we'll all get it later. Madelyn drank from Nate's cup this morning. It's hard to prevent cup sharing with those three.

At least it's this weekend everyone is sick and not next weekend. I hope the bug is all gone by next weekend b/c we have plans to go to a Chinese New Year festival at Wake Forest University and meet with another family from our travel group. Tony and I also get a chance for a date next Sunday. We'll definitely need it after this week of sicknesses.

1 Comments:

At 10:30 AM, Blogger RamblingMother said...

oh bless your heart. hope everyone is well soon and the bad pooh memories will be just that. I would have vomited with it between my toes.

Beverly

 

Post a Comment

<< Home