Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Three's a Crowd

You've heard this phrase before but I'm living proof. Why is it when one of the three tots is not around, the other two are so good? It doesn't matter which two either.

This afternoon Madelyn slept later b/c she decided to play for over an hour in her crib before napping. The boys were angels when they got up. No screaming, just quiet and playful. Last week when Nate went to the doctor with Tony and I was left at home with Madelyn and Andrew, watching those two were a breeze. Same happens if Nate and Madelyn are together and Andrew is off in another room. There's something about the third party coming in that creates extreme chaos.

Today has just been another one of those days that I wish I had a full time job outside of home. No one can understand how tough it is to be so homebound with three one-year olds unless they've experienced it. On days I vent about being coped up inside I get advice "well, just put them in a stroller and go outside." DO YOU KNOW WHAT THAT MEANS? It's not just a matter of open the door and throw them in a stroller and start walking. It's get 6 socks on 6 feet, 6 shoes on 6 feet, and three jackets. By the time I have one with socks and shoes on, another has taken off with a shoe and now it's lost and when I find it the first has taken off her shoes. If I managed to get them all together and dressed, someone is going to poop. So I change the poop, find a sippy has been opened and spilled everywhere, noses need to be cleaned, and darn if another shoe isn't lost again. ARGH!

Yesterday I tried to take them all to the bus stop to get Logan off the bus. We got there before the bus so I had to entertain them. Andrew took off up a bank towards the school and Nate followed. Madelyn fell down so I'm back down the hill picking her up while Andrew is across the field. Then I catch Andrew and Nate takes off b/c he thinks it's funny to be chased. Thankfully Logan got off the bus and ran to rescue me and I had him hold Madelyn so I could chase the other two. It never ends.

And when is the screaming going to end? Talk to me kids. Use words, sign language, I don't care but don't scream. Last night I couldn't cook for them swinging from the gate of the kitchen pulling brackets off the walls b/c they want to eat right then NOW and no waiting. I should just throw away every toy in the house, all the cartoons and kids movies, anything fun to play with b/c they don't care about that and it only takes one to start something and they all get involved.

I need a break. I have already sent out my begging email to a dear friend and she's going to give me and Tony a night without kids soon, all-nighter. I'm not coming home either b/c I'll just clean or do other things in the house and I need to get away from it. I see enough of our house 24 hours a day every day. K, I owe you one!!!

2 Comments:

At 11:03 AM, Blogger RamblingMother said...

Well enjoy your night off. Your experiences would frighten most people from wanting multiples. Glad you can see some of the humor in it enough to write about it.

Beverly

 
At 6:03 PM, Blogger Kricket said...

I'm going to let you know this weekend which weekend I've got. So far, I know for a fact that I have the weekend of the 15th completely open - Friday (no school), Saturday, AND Sunday! Let me know if you want it! It's Valentine's weekend so you and Tony could go on a weekend retreat!! How does that work for ya?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home