Thursday, August 31, 2006

Expirations

Time to start thinking of updating documents that will expire before we travel. CCAA has referrals out for LID's up to 7/22/05 (I think that's the last date) and we're still a month and a half away from these dates (which doesn't mean in 1 1/2 months we'll get our referrel). Our fingerprints expire October 29, homestudy November 25 and I-171H February 9, 2007. We'll definitely need another updated homestudy and our fingerprints redone. Our homestudy is going to cost us around $700 plus another $100 and something for the social worker to come to our house AGAIN. We'll also have to get physical's done AGAIN so more doctor's copays. Do they think we're made of money? Luckily I still have birth certificates so I don't have to order those again but we'll need criminal record check AGAIN and references AGAIN. Seems like we could use the same references but I'll have to check on that.

We're doubting Madelyn will be home for Christmas this year but we at least hope we have our referral by then.

1 Comments:

At 10:33 PM, Blogger Mom 2 six said...

UGG!
I had to do the same thing. EXCEPT to update our HS all the social worker did was state that there were no changes in our information and it was extended. (I guess you would have the kids and possibly address change but...) Our doctor just drafted a quick letter. Fortunately our agency did it for free. I guess it could be different in different states. YOU ARE CLOSE ! I am hoping for a HUGE batch of referrals...can't wait to see the boys sister !

 

Post a Comment

<< Home