Friday, August 18, 2006

BPOH Week 3 - dining room

I thought about cleaning before taking pictures but then I realized those pictures would not portray the "real" dining room at the Hooker house. We do have a formal dining room but decided to use that room for our computers/desks and the adult time-out room. So, the only dining area we have is the room off the kitchen. This area stays dirty all the time. Logan thinks he has to eat every 30 minutes if he makes it that long. Our pitiful table came from a tent sale back when we first married and it was already scratched up then. Now it's even worse. Our chairs are falling apart. This is one of the next pieces of furniture we'll be replacing. It only seats four and we need at least a table that will seat 6 if not more. Luckily this space is big enough for that.

Here's our mess.....Like I said, this is the true Hooker house. What can you expect from a stay home mom to three boys 4 and under and two of those infants that are always demanding attention?

I do love my hardwood floors. They are very easy to sweep and clean (if I get around to it). We also have two highchairs lined up for the twins. I think once we get a bigger table I'm going to get the small highchairs that attach to a chair at the table and this will definitely save some floor space especially since there will eventually be three in highchairs here once Madelyn comes home.

I found these stools very cheap - 3 for $5 total. The downsound is that they have very worn, ugly crochet tops on them. A friend told me I should recover them, something I've never done before. I bought the upholstery fabric from Wal-Mart at $2/yard and tried my best but this job is definitely not my calling in life. It will work for right now until we replace with better barstools.


This week a flyer came in our mail that cracked me up. On the front it says "The wrong people are cleaing your house?" and then at the bottom is a picture of a lady saying "especially since it's me!" I might just call and get an estimate of what they would charge to come in here. I need sone good cleaning to get me caught up and maybe I wouldn't get so far behind again. Couples with one child can keep up with a house, but when there's more than one and they are young children, forget it unless you have an obsessive cleaning problem (which I don't). I'm still catching up on sleep deprivation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home