Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Coming Soon....

I haven't talked much lately on our adoption blog about the upcoming births but decided to share a little of what's going on right now. Nate and Andrew are growing and are very healthy. Mom on the other hand feels like crap dealing with the pain of carrying multiple babies and dealing with gestational diabetes.

As of Monday, babies are weighing in at an estimated weight of 4lbs 6ozs and 4lbs 3ozs - only a 3 oz difference. They are bigger than what a typical baby would be at this gestational age but considering I have GD, then this is pretty common.

Today with my OB I discussed again how these babies are coming out. I will not go past 3/27 that's a definite so less than 7 weeks now before they arrive. Since both babies are heads down, I've been given the option to go for a vaginal birth or I can choose a c-section based on my history.

Logan scarred me for life. I have fears of repeating that birth experience again. He's healthy but it wasn't the birth I had hoped for. It was a long hospital stay, 40+ stitches you know where, pain for many, many weeks after, and I never really returned back to normal after that. Then there was Reagan. I couldn't even birth a 19 week gestation deceased baby and ended up in surgery. I'll spare the details of both but let's say it wasn't like the movies in either case where the mom gets to hold the baby immediately and she smiles and cries happy tears and they all go home with no problems.

So, more and likely I'm looking at having a c-section mid March as long as I don't go into labor before then. No, I'm not looking forward to another surgery and being strapped down to a table and having no control over what's going on. I also have fears of laying there awake while they do this even if there is spinal anesthesia.

How do I care for two babies and Logan with stitches in my belly? Well, I cared for Logan (as a first time parent) with more stitches in a very sensitive place than the amount I would have in my belly. I'm going to be relying on lots of prayer I'm sure. I can do this!!! (fingers crossed)

Since we are new to this area and don't know many people, I've recently joined two groups of Moms in hopes of making new friends and developing a support group after these babies come. One group is for moms with multiples. I've already seen upfront the support they give to families in need in just the two weeks I've been a member. Today I joined the local MOMS club. The next club I'll join will be FCC chapter in my area (Families with Children from China), but I'm going to wait until Madelyn is here.

That's the update for now. No news about Madelyn except we're still waiting. We've still got a while to go before we ever see a picture of her sweet face.

1 Comments:

At 8:25 PM, Blogger M3 said...

I know it won't help much but I'll be sending you tons of good thoughts and wishes. And the groups you're joining sound like a great idea. Most people I've met in these kinds of groups have been phenomenal about offering support to people who need it. The trick is to ask really specifically for what you need and then they're thrilled to help out.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home