Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Lost Dog

Back in August/September I posted about needing to find new homes for my two dogs since we were moving into a temporary location not suitable for two dogs use to having a yard to run around in. I did find them a good home where both could stay together. The family was very nice and definitely animal lovers and had kids to also play with the dogs.

Well, yesterday, I got a call from Animal Control from the area we moved from. This person told me he had caught my dog and was taking her to the animal shelter. I told them I no longer owned dogs and wasn't even living in that area anymore. At that time I could not remember what the name of the new owner was. Turns out they contacted me b/c my name was still connected to the microchip in the dog even though I had called that company before adopting them out to let them know I was no longer the owner.

I spent a few hours searching for the information on the new owners trying to find their phone number. I just couldn't stand the thought of our old dog being put down b/c we couldn't find the new owner. I couldn't remember their names though. I think I may have tossed out the paper with their information.

Later on I got a bright idea to check caller id back in September. With Vonage, you can track several months back of caller id information online. I remembered he called from a cell phone each time we spoke so I wrote down all the wireless numbers during the time I knew he might have called. I then started calling and fortunately I hit the right one. He called back but we didn't speak and no message was left but I looked on Switchboard to make sure this was the same man and sure enough I recognized the address linked to him. (BTW, if anyone is interested in Vonage, let me know b/c if I refer you I can get two months free and you can get one month free.)

I emailed the Shelter and gave them the information. The new owner ended up calling me back today and told me he tried to pick the dog up. He explained he had moved and had not gotten his fence up yet and she was on a chain and escaped. I'm not a fan of chains but since it was temporary I can handle that since she did get owners that do lover her. The shelter would not release her to him b/c she was not linked to him as being his dog. So, Tony calls the shelter to try to straighten things out and finds out the dog is not there. They claim animal control caught her but couldn't get her in the truck and she escaped.

Now, we have no idea where she is nor does the new owner. We're still hoping she is found and able to get back to her new owner soon. Now I worry that someone will hurt her or she'll get hit by a car. She only escaped from us once and she came back home. One of our neighbors saw her dig a hole from our fence and when she saw him, she went back under I guess scared of him. The other dog we had was the one that always liked to escape but she wasn't the one that got loose.

Animal lovers out there - keep your fingers crossed she finds her way home or we find a way to get her back home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home