Saturday, July 12, 2008

Yesterday cont....

Let's see how much I can finish about my day without kids interrupting again...

So, I was home by 4, ate cake, and then got ready to leave by 5. I tried my best to cover my red marks on my face from my eye brow waxing but gave up. One of our friends came over to watch the kids so we could have an evening out. We drove to Uptown Charlotte to eat at LaVecchia's. This is not usually our style of eating but we decided to try something different a little nicer than our usually Outback and Carabba's plus we had a coupon for LaVecchia's from my Citipass book.

LaVecchia's was definitely a classy restaurant but we were probably overdressed. Some tables had white table cloths, and others had nothing. We noticed that we were sat at the table cloth table and those in shorts were at the ones without. I guess you get treated a little nicer if you do dress up. From what I could tell, we were the only ones at a table cloth table. We also were sat down beside the entrace at the light-rail stop, the new transportation for Uptown. If the kids had been with us, they would have been overly excited to have had the view of the train. We ordered the Dinner for Two which was what we had a coupon for. It came with two appetizer's, two entree's, bottle of wine and dessert for two.

When they brought out the wine, the waitress presents it to Tony and then she opens it and hands him the cork. I had no idea why she was handing him the cork - that's how classy of a lady I am. I had to ask later why she gave him the cork and I guess according to ettiquette the man is suppose to smell it to approve of the wine. Wow, I learned something new but what they didn't know is that I'm more of the wine drinker and Tony is more of a beer on tap kinda person. Then they pour a sip in his glass for him to taste while the waitress watches. He starts laughing b/c neither of us were expecting this treatment. I eventually got around to being able to taste it.

It never fails when we go to new restaurants I always tend to pick the meal that has more and Tony gets a little tiny portion. Same happened with our appetizer. He ordered crapcake and and I got the crap dip. My comes out in this huge bowl and he gets a crapcake the size of a 50 cent piece. I shared with him though. It was a great crapcake but I think they could have made it a little bigger or gave more than one for the prices they charge at this restaurant. Later I had NY Strip and he had stuffed jumbo shrimp. I so badly wanted to ask for Heinz 57 but I didn't. I was afraid the restaurant staff would all hear and start laughing. This just wasn't the type of restaurant they keep grocery store steak sauces on tables. We later finished off our meal with chocolate cheesecake for me and blueberry/lemon cheesecake for him.

We had about an hour to kill before our Comedy Show we bought tickets for - Robot Johnson. So, we walked around and discovered some art galleries in Spirit Square which was the building the show was in. Many of the art was just weird to us but some were really cool. One of them really caught my eye. It was a close-up of a little girl with some leaves around her and she was clenching on to a doll. She and this doll wore the same dress - the exact same dress I had bought a month or two ago that had a matching doll dress. I could easily have taken something like that. It had a price tag of $350.00 on it. I have the girl (she's Asian instead of Caucasion), I have the doll (asian doll instead of a bald caucasion doll), I have the dress and I have the camera. I may just try to take that same shot and see what happens.

The comedy show overall was weird. I'm just not used to that kind of entertainment. They did have some skits that did make me laugh like the movie review by "Talking Baby" and a skit about some neighborhoods in Charlotte. It must not be very popular b/c there were maybe 20 -30 people and that's about it. It beat the normal movie night and we got to do something that didn't involve playgrounds so overall it was a good night. We still managed to fit in a trip to Target (yes, two trips in one day) before the night was over.

I had very busy birthday, definitely one to remember. I hope Tony plans days like this more often for me....hint, hint.

1 Comments:

At 1:04 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Sounds like you had an out standing birthday.
Donna

 

Post a Comment

<< Home