Saturday, July 12, 2008

My Wonderful Day Alone

My birthday present from Tony started at about 7:30 when I shut the door to the house and got into my car. I didn't even see the kids before I left (if I had it would have just involved lots of screaming when they found out I was leaving so it was better this way). I was at Massage Envy by 7:40 for a one-hour massage. I had won this gift card at a silent auction for CMOM's earlier this year. I had been asked when I made the reservation if I preferred a male or female and truth be told I didn't care for either touching me but I wanted the massage so I said female. However, when I showed up I was sure which one I got (I'll keep my feelings about this to myself but she was female but not so sure about her sexual preference to say it calmly). If felt good but it wasn't a good, deep massage. It could have been better.

I got out of the massage at 9 and not much is open then but I was right beside Target so why not hit the big red Target by myself during the day with no strollers. I ran into someone from church and probably chatted with her 45 minutes - uninterrupted adult conversation - that never happens. I bought a few things, paid and ran across the street to a Nail Spa as the sign said. Never been there before so wasn't sure if they were good or what their prices were. I asked for a pedicure and a manicure. I have to admit the pedicure was MUCH better than the massage. She massaged up to my knees. My achy feet can always use some of this much need attention so I really enjoyed this part.

The ladies working there are all of Asian background and they spoke English but I'm a Southern girl and trying to understand someone that has learned English somewhere other than North Carolina (sometimes I can't even understand Northerner's that speak only English) I have the hardest time understanding them. The lady I had was really nice though. We talked about how many kids we have and ages and where she was from. They she started talking about me and my eyebrows. Let me just say me and my eyebrows are fine. I don't really care I have big eyebrows. I had them waxed once before and it hurt so bad I never wanted to do it again. Well, this lady kept on and on "You want to wax eyebrow". I finally gave in. It hurt but not as bad as I remembered it from last time. Then again I've gone through a few pregnancies and childbirth and nothing compares to that pain. Unfortunately I left there with the reddest face ever. I did not take any make-up with me to cover it up. It was pretty darn obvious I had had this done. It was horrible. I wasn't going home though so I had to just let it go and not think about what I looked like. Today was my day, who cares.

I stopped off at a couple of stores and then hit the mail. I ate by myself in the food court beside the carousel. That was weird sitting there with no kids. I didn't spend much time there b/c I had some shopping to do. I didn't have much luck with clothes though but I did find the Bass outlet 70% off sales and got some really comfortable sandals. My time was running out so I hit a few more stores, trying on clothes that looked horrible on me but I did manage to get a shirt and some capri's to wear on my date last night.

I had to get out of the mall by 2:30 so I could make it to my hair appt. I stopped and got me a strawberry/banana smoothie on the way - DELICIOUS!!! The lady I usually get to cut my hair was busy so I used her partner. She was nice and did a great job. I had them wash it also b/c I had all the goop from the massage in my hair.

After this I went by Bloom and bought my own birthday cake. I got the smallest little Carvel ice cream cake they had. When I walked in the door at home I loudly asked my darling little kids "Who wants Birthday Cake?" and they all came running. They were in their seats at the table before I sat it down on the counter. Andrew is definitely my son - he had three servings. He and I LOVE our Chocolate. The kids also gave me their presents. Nate, Andrew and Madelyn each gave me sunglasses - 2 each - yes 6 pair. Tony says I go through the most sunglasses, and I admit I do b/c I break them, leave them somewhere, leave them in the kids reach and they break them or they just go mysteriously missing. Now I have 6 back-ups when I can't find my current ones. Logan gave me a tripod for my camera that bends. It can wrap around about anything while still holding the camera. Very cool!

There was not enough time in the day to do everything I wanted to do. I can't believe how fast that alone time went. Even though I started before most people were headed to work, I felt like that time went by in the snap of my fingers.

The evening continued but this time with Tony (we got a Date night) and I will finish it later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home