Thursday, July 10, 2008

Pre-Birthday Gift

Tony has yet again surprised me with his hidden talent of poetry writing.

If Only She Knew

Her beauty she will refuse to concede,
because it's not captured by lens.
She'll never know that her wish is my need.
On her love, my heart depends.

Balanced together in weakness and strength,
evenly paired, not the same.
We started a love, no end to it lenght,
the day that she first took my name.

I lie down beside her, holding her hand.
She sees not the beauty I see.
Two fingers, each wrapped in a golden band
Symbols of what she means to me.

My heart could never long for another.
There's no closer friend, no truer lover.

2 Comments:

At 7:52 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I think the word "talent" may be putting it a bit strongly.

But at any rate, Happy Birthday Honey!

 
At 6:36 PM, Blogger Kricket said...

Please tell Tony I'm in tears.... and Gary will be getting smacked up side the back of his head for not being that romantic!!

(PS - melissa, check your home voicemail!)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home