Monday, May 05, 2008

Yeah, another sleepless night

The respiratory therapist came in and introduced himself and listened to Madelyn sleeping. He says he'll be in and out during the night. Where were these guys during the day when she was awake? I don't get it. A nurse has already came in and told me to let her know when Madelyn awakes from her nap. I told them she is down for the night typically at home at this time. They are going to wake her up at 10 for medicines. This will be fun. Part of me thinks they've already contacted our insurance company and know they are getting at least 80% since we've already met deductibles so why not prolong the stay?

3 Comments:

At 6:31 AM, Blogger Bonnie said...

Oh Melissa, this just sounds SO typical of hospital stays! Elias did somewhere between 80 to 100 overnights in the hospital so we became pros. One thing I started doing was to put my foot down about not giving meds after bedtime unless it was critical. I never could make inroads though about the 2am vitals. And yes, they will keep you there forever. It is a lot harder to get discharged than to get admitted! Good luck with it!

 
At 9:28 AM, Blogger Kendra said...

How frustrating!! Sometimes I really think they DO keep people there just because of insurance. After I had my son, I BEGGED to be released and they kept saying "Insurance will pay for one more day!" I eventually put my foot down and they released me. Miserable, miserable stay in the hospital. If Madelyn can recover at home, let her! The lack of sleep and food will set her back as much as anything.

 
At 11:49 PM, Blogger Karen said...

OHHHH, it sucks! I work in a hospital and the stay on the PED unit was miserable. Mine had a
103+ so they had to check it every 2 hours rectal. I feel for you! Hope she is better soon!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home