Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Many uses for tweezers

Tweezers aren't just for plucking hair or pulling out splinters. They also come in handy pulling corn out of a two year-olds nose.

While finishing up dinner, I happened to look over at Nate and he was trying to put corn up his nose (not the cob but the kernal). I was able to walk over and pull that out with my fingers. BUT I thought "are there anymore up there" and sure enough there was another. Tony was able to fish this one out, but then I asked "is there another?" YEP! This next one was a bit deeper. I laid him on his back across my legs while sitting down and Tony fished up his nose. Nate started screaming and the heavy breathing pushed out the third piece of corn. We couldn't see anymore but I called my neighbor up who works for a pediatrician's office and asked what they do there for kids that stick objects up their nose. She said to blow into their mouth and the air will force it out. Tony puffed in Nate's mouth a few times and nothing came so we are hoping three was it.

Again, just another day in our house. There's so much excitement here everyday.

1 Comments:

At 5:28 PM, Blogger RamblingMother said...

wow!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home