Monday, April 07, 2008

Just another day

 
 
So why is Madelyn naked except for a diaper outside in NC weather in April? Or why the twins are in a baby swimming pool that is up-side-down filled with water soaked in their clothing head to toe?

This baby pool was bought last summer and we used it outside in our back yard. I've wanted to get rid of it all winter but we have city trash pick-up and if it doesn't fit in the trash can they don't pick up unless special arrangement is made so I have just kept it outback propped up against the fence waiting until I had something else to trash with it (b/c I felt silly calling for extra pick-up for a baby pool). Anyway, about every time it rains, it gets knocked over and filled up with water and I'll have to go out and dump it. I've done this every time but today I forgot. The kids had just got up from nap, changed diapers, and I had put socks and shoes on them and chased them out the back door. Our yard has a privacy fence and I'm starting to get more comfortable coming back in with them out there with my door left open. I also have windows across the entire back of the house to see them from inside. I had just stepped inside after filling up their bubble container and brought the bubbles back in and heard Madelyn whining. Madelyn always whines, nothing new, but I looked out to see what it was. She had just stepped out of the baby pool covered head to toe in water, the boys were playing around in the pool as if it was a hot sunny day and they were in swim trunks but they weren't. Do you know how hard it is to strip off wet jeans? It's worse on a 2 year old, plus I had to take off wet socks and shoes and shirts and diapers full of water.

Off to the tub they went b/c I had to wash off the dirty water. They were so hyper they soaked my bathroom with the water from the tub. You'd have thought that pool was filled with sugar water. They didn't calm down until I poured them bowls of Kix cereal and sat them in front of the tv.

Now the latest while trying to type, I forgot during all that excitement I had poured a glass of sweet tea and placed it on the table when I got the shock of them playing in the pool outside. Nate found it and just dumped it on top of Madelyn and soaked her again in tea.

Tony came home and as I'm fuming he says "Now let's go back to the root cause - What's the worst that could happen?" That's the phrase we used when I decided to try fertility drugs one more time after our dossier was complete. Who knew we'd have three the same age - only 7 weeks apart?
Posted by Picasa

2 Comments:

At 10:56 AM, Blogger RamblingMother said...

I really hate laughing at your adventures but you write so comically that I can't help it. I do feel for you though. You need a nanny too.

 
At 9:39 AM, Blogger Andie said...

Frustrating? YES...but one day (hopefully soon!) you'll remember this and laugh. They are SOO ADORABLE!!!
Blessings-Andie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home