Sunday, April 06, 2008

Another birthday

Today marks three years since I left the hospital without Reagan. I had hopes to make it to her grave this past week but it's hard to just take off and drive with three toddlers and get back in time for one to get out of school so Tony is hoping to stop by one day when he travels that way to work and leave some more flowers. I'm sure the ones in her pot on her gravestone are faded by now.

I can't help but be thankful for this day b/c I would probably have never met Madelyn nor gave birth to Nate and Andrew. She changed our lives forever. I will always be thankful to her for that but I also don't wish the death of a child on anyone. It's heartbreaking and unforgettable. I will always love her and never forget.

2 Comments:

At 4:46 PM, Blogger Kricket said...

I believe with all of my heart and soul that she and Charlie are up there in Heaven together giving comfort to each other until we get there. I love her dearly and always will. She will always be the niece I wish I could have spoiled as much as I spoil Madelyn and the boys. My heart goes out to you and Tony and the kids as you make it through this day. You know where to reach me should you need to talk. I love you all dearly.

 
At 5:55 PM, Blogger M3 said...

Thinking of you and your family today.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home