Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Gotta have a preschool in the Fall

Let's face it, I gotta have a break. Earlier this year I sent in a preschool registration to a school I wanted the kids to go to if we moved. Well, since we decided to stay for now, I had to do another search. After calling around, numerous emails, I realized it was definitely more pricey to go to schools around here for to enroll three at the same time was definitely gonna cost us.

One of the kids gyms near here offered a twin special where one twin would get in free. They have a preschool twice a week so I thought I'd do this and only have to pay for two. It's not a preschool I was used to having but I liked that they could go even when school's are out of session.

This morning I got the urge to leave the house with three toddlers - that doesn't happen often so I was going to take them to try out the gym parent supervised play. I was told to try this first, hang out with them and I would have to pay only for two to play for an hour at any time they are open. When I called them this morning to give them heads up, I was told they were crowded today.

That scared me. How do I know when they will be crowded? Will there be enough adults to watch the kids? Will they get the attention they need? Maybe this wasn't the best solution even though it was the cheapest solution.

So, back to my last list of schools in the area. I took all three to one of the nearby Methodist churches to check them out. They were next to the cheapest on my list for two days a week preschool from 9am-12pm. This school is very new so they are just getting started which makes me nervous not knowing they haven't worked out the kinks but I was impressed with the classrooms and the director.

I even explained Madelyn's new found allergies and it turns out the director's son is going through the same thing and is on allergy shots and while we were talking she got a call from the allergist b/c she had to let them know he had a reaction to one of his shots. She understood my frustration with the snot 24 hours a day. She even wiped Madelyn's nose a few times for me. She said you can tell an allergy parent form a non-allergy parent b/c instead of hearing "oh, I can't wait until they are potty trained" we say "Oh, I can't wait untils he can blow her own nose."

So, I think we're now going to go this route. Two days a week it will be $285 per month for all three together but I do have to send in $65 for each one for registration. All three were comfortable there and played with toys and when I asked them if they wanted to go to school there I got two to say "yes" and Madelyn nodded her head yes.

2 Comments:

At 5:34 PM, Blogger M3 said...

You know I'm a 100% fan of a few hours in preschool. I just laugh when moms of one kid ask why in the world I'd send the girls anywhere if I didn't absolutely have too.

 
At 8:11 PM, Blogger Dena said...

I think Piper would love a few hours somewhere, but not sure yet. She still takes good naps, so I think we'll wait until that drops off a bit.
She LOVES going to Ella's preschool and runs in everyday, trying to play before I catch her.
I'm glad you'll get a touch of a break - worth every penny!
Dena

 

Post a Comment

<< Home