Sunday, April 06, 2008

Trouble with Multiples

Just ONE example of how three is worse than two which is worse than one toddler.

We were upstairs playing after Tony and Logan left to attend church (I stayed home - sometimes it's just not worth it getting them all ready to end up sitting in the nursery the entire time b/c at least one out of three will not stay). They wanted a snack so we came down the stairs.

Immediately I jumped ahead of them on the stairs to do the quick child proofing since they hadn't been down all morning - close the bathroom door, pick up remotes to tv's, put phone on charger, get cups off end tables, etc. I forgot one place though - I didn't shut the gate to my bedroom. We keep a gate there to keep them out but yet be able to keep the bedroom door open so I can hear them when I go in there without them. I walked into the kitchen after everyone got down the stairs and pulled one bowl out at a time and poured some chex mix in.

Nate was first and he yelled "yeah!" and left the kitchen. Then Andrew was next and he left. Next I pull out a bowl and pour some for Madelyn. By the time I had closed the box, these three little turkey's were already in destruction mode. Nate had snuck through the open gate to my bedroom and climbed into my bed carrying the bowl of chex with him. He had spilled on the way into my bedroom, the floor at the bottom of my bed and made a trail on top of my bed. Andrew had followed and stepped on all of Nate's droppings and crunched what seemed like every chex I had poured. Madelyn was at the bottom of the bed ready to climb up and had already spilled her bowl half way. I ran in there barefoot after realizing where they had disappeared to stepping on even more and was so furious with them I'm sure I had steam coming out my ears. In less than a minute, maybe less than 1/2 a minute, they had managed to destroy my bed, leave crumbs all over it and the floor which meant I was left to clean up the mess. Out came the vacuum, sheets were torn off the bed and now I'm going to be washing all of the bedding.

These three are so quick. I heard recently something about how women that have children live longer than those that don't. I'm having a hard time believing it b/c I sometimes think my children will be the death of me. I've never worked so hard in my life than staying home with these three. It's a good thing they are so cute and loving b/c I might have to change jobs if they weren't.

2 Comments:

At 11:12 AM, Blogger Kendra said...

God bless you... Doesn't take long for my two to wreck a room; can't imagine what it would be like if they had another partner in crime! Yikes!

 
At 1:07 PM, Blogger RamblingMother said...

This is the reason God made them cute, to let them live past childhood. Hang in there, payday will be someday!!

Beverly

 

Post a Comment

<< Home