Sunday, September 02, 2007

Our Weekend

Just wanted to update my blog readers that we've had a crazy weekend here. I'll be brief but wanted to post that Tony is in the hospital. At 5am Saturday morning Tony woke me up to tell me he was heading towards the ER and that he was having chest pains and pain in his left arm. I question him and thought it was probably nothing more than indigestion/heartburn and even asked him if he wanted to wait a few hours and we'd go to an Urgent Care center. He wanted to go anyway so I got my cell and told him to call me when he knew something. I put my cell in the bed with me and went back to sleep. At 6:30 he calls and says he's being admitted for possible heart attack.

We're 32 years old. This isn't suppose to be happening to us. My husband was having a heart attack while driving to the hospital and I'm going back to sleep in my bed. I'll never live this one down.

Anyway, long story short, it was confirmed this morning that he had a moderate heart attack. He will be having a heart cath Tuesday. Why Tuesday? Well, obviously this is not considered urgent to do over a Holiday weekend. We tried our best to get one sooner but was pretty much told if he wasn't coding, they weren't bring workers in to do it.

We're hoping he'll be home Wednesday. We're setting up arrangements for the kids for the remainder of the week but Logan will stay with me after tomorrow b/c of school.

BTW, we're told Madelyn is walking much further distances now at Kricket's house. She's spending a few nights there. All the kids are being extra spoiled. I miss those stinkers.

Please pray for good results at the heart cath and there wasn't much damage done to Tony's heart.

13 Comments:

At 11:42 PM, Blogger Faith, Hope, and Love said...

Hang in there Melissa! I will keep Tony in my prayers!

Robin
St. Louis

 
At 2:59 AM, Blogger Shannon said...

Oh no! I'm so sorry to hear this! You guys are in my prayers. Hang in there.

 
At 8:31 AM, Blogger Susan said...

Good thoughts and prayers headed your way. Keep us posted!

 
At 9:11 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Melissa,
Prayer are heading your way. Hospitals on a hoilday weekends suck. Hang in there.
Donna

 
At 9:26 AM, Blogger M3 said...

Oh my gosh Melissa, how scary!! Sending huge hugs and good thoughts.

 
At 9:59 AM, Blogger Yvonne said...

Wow! - hang in there! It's not unheard of these days. I had a weird heart attack (not for the usual reasons like overweight, smoking etc.) when I was 35. Both of you take care of yourselves!

 
At 2:45 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I'm sorry to hear this news. I hope Tony is feeling better soon and that you can keep your head above water in the meantime. We'll keep you in our thoughts.

Corinne from your travel group

 
At 3:08 PM, Blogger Everyone Has a Story... said...

Tony is in the best place possible right now. Don't forget to take care of yourself Melissa! I will be thinking of you and Tony...hang in there!

 
At 9:32 PM, Blogger Kim said...

My prayers are with you...
Take care
Kim

 
At 11:10 AM, Blogger RamblingMother said...

you have to live it down. What were you supposed to do with 4 kids? You would have had to wait for a sitter or just called 911. He could have done that too. Hope he is okay. Don't be too hard on yourselves. It is hard to imagine how it could be being so young.

Beverly

 
At 3:52 PM, Blogger Kricket said...

Give me a call when the heart cath is done. I've made sure to cancel all appointments for the rest of this week and next just in case you need me again.

(Oh, and I'm finding clothes here. Apparently the kids put them in with my dirty clothes instead of keeping them seperate for when I washed them. I'll give them to Gary to give to Tracy to give to you. :) I also found Madelyn's sippy cup in my van. :p )

Give Tony our love. Tell him to stop scaring us like this or I'll be forced to knock him out!!! hahahaha! Love you all so much. Big hugs for you all.

 
At 11:19 AM, Blogger Everyone Has a Story... said...

Update?

 
At 11:45 AM, Blogger Jenn said...

Hope all is well. Thinking of you and yours.

Jenn

 

Post a Comment

<< Home