Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Forgot to Add the Comments Made to Me on the Way to School

First, I arrive at the school and the assistant principal unloading the school buses walks towards me and points and says "Hey, you're bring more kids to school than my buses."

Walking in pushing my big triple runabout stroller, several people "Awe, how cute", "That's a lot of babies", and my favorite "Damn, that's a big stroller" and yes he said "damn" in front of Elementary School kids and it was not a quiet one either. I'm pretty sure it was a daddy dropping off kids.

Walking out the same assistant principal tells me I need to paint the stroller yellow and make a sign that says "School Bus" on it. Flashbacks of Pimp My Stroller came back to me.

We take the long way back to get a little more outdoor time even though it was very hot outside, I pass by a walker with a dog and we have to stop b/c Andrew and Nate are barking at the dog and the lady says "So which of these kids are yours?" When I replied all of them I think she about passed out. I also felt like adding "Yeah, and I just dropped off my Kindergartener too."

We'll venture back to the school around 3 for pick-up. I'm sure I'll get even more comments then. I may even take the side-by-side triple stroller then with all three babies. People loves to stare when I go out.

3 Comments:

At 12:15 PM, Blogger Faith, Hope, and Love said...

Thanks for the laugh! I admire you for taking your entire troop up to school...taking photos of Logans first day in class...and not only taking photos of Logan's first day but getting an individual photo of the other kiddos! I like the idea of a school bus sign on the stroller...or how about a sign that says "yes, they are ALL mine".
Have a great day!

 
At 4:57 PM, Blogger Kim said...

TOO FUNNY!!!!
Sometimes I really think some people have not a tiny bit of their brain..
Have fun on your trip back..
Kim

 
At 6:19 PM, Blogger OziMum said...

Well, the upside is, everyone will know who Logan's family are! Just think, when the "triplets" go to school, what an amazing day that will be?!! I'm sure you're a very proud Mum, regardless of comments people make. Just for the record - I think you are amazing!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home