Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Why am I the one awake?

Five nights straight Madelyn cried off and on after being laid down to sleep. About four of those we listened to her off and on up to midnight and continously checked for diaper blowouts and took her milk. Now tonight she is sleeping and I'm awake. What's up with that? I'm wide awake and it's been a rough day. I should have crashed hours ago.

Madelyn is finally going to go see a Pediatric GI doctor. She continues to have poops from under the chin to the back of her neck and it smells so bad it could kill anyone walking by. Thank goodness this last one Tony was home for and he got the honors of cleaning her up. I called her pediatrician's office today and told them everything we've tried up to now has not worked and it's time we get another opinion. We can't keep watching for leakage in the carseats and highchairs everytime we smell something bad. We've pulled off the road a few times to rip her away and hose her down on the side of the road. We've changed her diet and limited her liquids. We tried the entire lactose intolerance route and taking out milk and everything with milk in it and it didn't work. We tried culturelle OTC medicine and yogurt made to help with the digestive issues. No sign of relief for this girl. It could take up to a month to get in or longer to see the Pediatric GI doc but hopefully he'll figure something out.

Andrew is still speuwing too but the other end. Since the stomach bug went around with the kids, he gets a belly ache and barfs. Some days he skips. He's been labeled a reflux baby since he was born and just hasn't grown out of this yet. Today he was acting very slow and not himself. When he cuddles, I know he's sick. He even fell asleep in my arms. That never happens anymore with him. He upchucked food again today and took another nap afterwards and by the evening he was back to himself. Poor baby...just don't know what to do about him.

Nate has entered the terrible two's. He really is a sweetheart but darn if he don't get ticked off about something and start screaming and it does not stop. Andrew is more of an all day screamer and we're getting used to this but Nate's tantrums are crazy. They don't last that long but he does a quick change over from sweet little boy to "what the heck is wrong with you" child.

Tomorrow a few of the moms of Logan's friends and I are having cake and ice cream for the boys to celebrate their going off to school next week. Awe! My baby boy has grown up. He needs school. He's ready for it too. I know he'll enjoy it, at least the first year anyway. He needs to make new friends his age and get away from the babies for a while. Many ask me if I'm sad and right now I know this is going to be so good for him. I'll miss him but I'm still close by b/c we just live five house back from the school.

Think I can get some sleep now? Doubtful but I'll try.

4 Comments:

At 6:32 AM, Blogger OziMum said...

Poor Madelyn. Maybe she has a bacteria/parasite. Poor Harry has had this a couple of times, and when he gets really loose now, I just take a sample (yeah, gross hey!) and head down to the Drs, and everytime it's been a bacterial thing. The last one was from a public swimming pool, I reckon.

 
At 8:34 AM, Blogger Kricket said...

You might want to ask them if she is allergic to gluten. it's rare but it's serious. here is a blog I read of a gal who is the mother of three kids and found out when her youngest was a baby (must be a year or two by now) was diagnosed as allergic to gluten. She is on a gluten free diet now and doing sooooo much better.

http://heather.sokols.us/category/gluten-free-living/

It's something to look at since you have checked everything else. I don't know what all of the symptoms are but I know some present themselves in the same way as lactose intolerance.

I was going to come over this week sometime. Let me know when Andrew is feeling better. Love you!

 
At 11:26 AM, Blogger RamblingMother said...

Sorry to hear about the puke and poop issues you guys are having. It sucks to have a sick kid with no answers and apparently no end in sight.

Hope you get answers and well kids soon.

Beverly

 
At 11:19 PM, Blogger M3 said...

Ugh, so sorry to hear that the issues from both ends are still continuing! :-(
Please share what you hear from the GI doc, you know we're listening with all ears over here, sadly...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home