Sunday, August 26, 2007

6 Month Anniversary

Madelyn has officially been a part of our family for SIX months now as of today. How did we celebrate? Hum, well, we didn't. I did sneak in a nap today. Doesn't a mom of three one-year olds deserve that? I've been having lots of back pain this week and I needed some rest. I think I injured myself throwing Madelyn up in the air congratulating her on her first steps, but I really don't know what did it. It could have been anytime or combination of picking up the three younger ones.

We did last night take Madelyn to her first Chinese restaurant in America. We actually had planned on going to a new Hibachi Grill and Buffet nearby but when we got there, it wasn't open yet. We had a flyer in the mail this week with prices, directions, etc but no where did it say it hadn't opened yet. Anyway, we decided to go to a Chinese restaurant buffet. I think Madelyn, Nate and Andrew ate more than any of us. Thank goodness they still eat free. I split my fortune cookie up between these three and Madelyn got part of hers stuck on her finger. I took a photo of this with my phone but I haven't yet figured out how to download those photos yet.

It's also been 2 years since our DTC date. Between that date and Gotcha, it seemed like time went by so slow. A good bit of that time I spent pregnant with twins and was sleep deprived. The past 6 months though seems like it just flew by. My days seem to be shorter now probably b/c rest times never occur anymore.

Madelyn still only takes a couple steps at a time and she is not happy to do that for us. She gets mad when we try to make her walk to us, at least to me she does. She seems to walk to her daddy and big brother more eagerly than she does me. I probably push her too much but darn I'm ready for her to walk. I have two walkers and one crawler and it does slow us down. Going outside would be so much easier if she walked b/c she panics when her legs touch grass and she screams loud enough for several neighbors down the street to hear. She could also keep up with her brothers faster when they play AND she would be less of a target to the twins. The boys love to sit down on her and lay on her when she's in the floor. Also, she sure would be cuter in those long dresses if she's standing and walking around. Dresses handicapp her now. She can't crawl and slips and falls down if she has on a dress. I have several dresses for her she can't wear right now that I'm anxious to see her in. After they all walk, next thing I'm teaching them is how to come down stairs safely.

Happy Annivesary to all of the families in our travel group!

4 Comments:

At 10:46 PM, Blogger Kim said...

Happy 6 Months...
It has flown by and all I am doing is reading your amazing journey..
Can't wait for some more to fly by so you can see my little girl..
Take care
Hope your back starts feeling better..
Kim

 
At 7:44 AM, Blogger Kennedy and Jaida's mom said...

Congrats! Our 2 year LID anniversary is on the 31st. It's hard to believe people will soon be waiting past 2 years and still no referral.

I know what you mean about the walking thing. Many people told me not to rush the walking, but at 16 months, Kennedy's mind wanted to walk and my back wanted her to walk. It's all so much easier now...

 
At 10:51 AM, Blogger RamblingMother said...

Happy 6 months. It seems like it went by fast to me too but probably more so to you guys.

Beverly

 
At 3:22 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

i'm so happy for you and your family! congrats!!! :) when you get ready for stairs you might try my mom's tactic...backwards crawling. worked like a champ for buddy while we were at her house and we don't even have stairs at our house!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home