Saturday, September 08, 2007

Insanity

The stage that Nate, Andrew and Madelyn are in right now should be called the Stage of Insanity. I've made comments for a while now that I was "going INSANE". Well, I'm there. I'm pass the entrance of insanity. People are committed for less than how I feel at the end of most days.

Why are multiples so hard?

Today I took Madelyn out to BJ's, just the two of us. We made our run for diapers, wipes, milk and bananas that I have to buy in bulk. What a breeze that was having only one of the three one-year old's in our house. My neighbor watched Nate and Andrew and Logan stayed home and babysat his Daddy and watched Star Wars. She sat still. She smiled at people. She made funny faces. She was a breeze getting in and out of "A" carseat - not three carseats to fidget with. She didn't cry. She didn't have anyone to argue with. She didn't bite nor get bit. I didn't come home stressed out.

The babies don't understand right now that Daddy was sick and can't play and lift them up like he was doing. He's still recovering and it's hard on him to not be able to do those things plus it makes them mad. He's having to hide from his own kids to prevent more screaming. Madelyn is the worst at this. She's a daddy's girl and thinks her daddy should always be holding her.

Most days I'm pretty darn exhausted by the end of the day. The past few days I've been exhausted more than any other day. Unless someone has raised more than one of the same age at a time, I don't think they can possibly understand this stage I'm in right now. I keep saying "It's gotta get easier" but as we get through one stage we enter another.

Madelyn is walking but only when conned. She is not brave when it comes to letting go and doing it on her own. We know she can walk now but you have to make her want to walk. She also doesn't want to pick herself back up when she does fall down. She had to skip both OT and her other therapy this week due to not being here since her daddy was in the hospital. We're hoping to catch back up next week and this is one of the things I really want the therapists to focus on.

On the bright side, Madelyn knows more sign language than the boys do. She asks for "more" all the time. I think she also associates "more" with "I want to eat now".

Pray for my sanity and hopefully tomorrow will be a better day.

4 Comments:

At 7:52 PM, Blogger Faith, Hope, and Love said...

Nothing I say will make things easier for you...but I can pray for you. I REALLY wish I lived closer so I could help you out. Just what you've been thru with Tony is enough to stress anyone out. I can't imagine 3 toddlers adding to the stress of things. My one toddler stresses me. Hang in there and if anyone that lives close to you is reading this...PLEASE give this family a hand!!!

 
At 8:01 PM, Blogger M3 said...

I hear you! And I know how incredibly much the work multiplies from one to two kids, so I can't even imagine going from two to three. I've been so physically exhausted lately that I've been dreaming of getting away for an entire week. Seriously dreaming about it. Can you imagine what it would feel like to be all alone just by yourself for a whole week? !!!! I'd never wish away my kids, not for a second, but that doesn't mean I can't dream about a vacation...

Hang in there sweetie.

 
At 11:14 PM, Blogger Kricket said...

If you need us to take the kids for a few days again, let me know. Whatever we can do to help - you know that. Do not allow yourselves to get stressed and so tired that you can't function, ok? Love you all!

 
At 10:53 PM, Blogger Bugaboo Bottoms said...

I can't imagine having three of my 1 year old! He is making me insane all by himself. OMG! If he had co-conspriators that he lived with that were his own age, well, I would be glad to visit the looney bin til they hit 3 years old!

I hate to say it, but a lot of times I look at my 2.5 year old and wish I had waited to give him a brother, so I could enjoy him more. He is so sweet right now and I enjoy the time I do get with him, but this little one is a monster baby!

I so feel for you...I really do! But enjoy it...it will soon be over!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home