Friday, August 10, 2007

Family Update

I haven't posted much lately b/c we have been dealing with sicknesses...me included. I'm finally as of tonight able to take in food and not disperse it immediately.

Last week before everyone started getting sick, Madelyn and Logan had their check-ups. Madelyn now weighs 24lbs 1oz. I forgot height but Tony was told she was off the growth chart for height for her age. We knew that had to be the case b/c she is slightly longer than the twins. She still weighs less than them. We're not sure that will last because she has picked up an appetite. Now that she has discovered how to pick up food and also how to swallow and not gag, she devours food faster than anyone else in our house. If she sits close to her brothers, she takes food from their trays. When she gets out of the highchair she starts looking for food on the floor. We wanted her to eat and now she can't stop eating. We used to be so frustrated with her and how she would not swallow food or open her mouth and how she spit out her food and now eating is her favorite hobby. Her belly bulges out of some her shirts now.

The pediatrician has limited her fluid intake due to her diaper blow-outs. She has not been happy with this. She loves to drink and gulp down her milk as soon as a cup is put in front of her. She doesn't know what "sip" means. She also steals sippy cups from the twins. I don't mind the sharing part BUT their cups have whole milk and she's drinking soy milk. We're trying to solve the GI problems, not make it worse so we have to make sure she is drinking from her own cups and not theirs. She's been on a medication to hopefully help with her frequent bowel movements and it seems to be working okay so far but I'm not convinced yet she's cured.

She still is not walking but hopefully she'll be doing this soon. She cruises more but she's still wobbly. She was only approved to have occupational therapy once a month through CDSA. Her other therapist we had every week changed jobs so CDSA is in the process of searching for another so it may be a while before she gets back into therapy.

The three little ones are into the "I am NOT sharing" stage. Madelyn is bossy too. The boys got it, she wants it. I've seen her push and bite to get a book, toys and to get onto the ride-on toys we have inside the house. She is truly a spicy girl. Today I witnessed them arguing over a door being open or shut. Nate and Andrew were on one side of a Weeble Wobble toy that had a drawbridge type door. The boys would open it. Madelyn would fuss and close it. The boys would fuss and open it. Madelyn would fuss and close it and this went on and on until I couldn't take it no more and took the toy away.

Logan only has a few more summer vacation weeks left before school starts. I'm going to miss him but I am really ready for him to go. That sounds awful to say but I have his best interest in mind. He NEEDS to get out and be around more kids his age and not be stuck at home with me and the babies all day. I'm excited for him. I think he'll love school. He's got a new Power Rangers bookbag and new Transformers shoes thanks to his Ma-maw. We've already bought his school supplies. This week he mastered operating the satellite remote and now can find his own shows already recorded and play them or delete them (uh-oh). He told me today he was smarter than his teacher. I kinda doubt that.

The other boys are growing up so fast. My baby boys are making some animal sounds now - not many words though. Nate looks so much like Logan. Andrew still has a baby look to him.

Tony and I have discovered that it's easier to take on two babies to one adult easier than four kids to two adults. Why? I don't know. A few times recently for a day we've split up where I've taken two and went one way and he's been left home with two. I feel like I'm on vacation only watching two kids. All four are together all the time and maybe it's a break for them too to split up so they become easier to manage, less fussing, less whining. What will it be like when Logan goes off to school? Hum?

1 Comments:

At 9:18 AM, Blogger Kricket said...

a) Nate looks eerily like Logan - the pictures below this post I actually thought it was Logan at first until I realized (after wiping the sleep from my eyes) that it was a young Logan and why would you be posting a baby pic of Logan. Oh, that's Nate! hahahaha

b) Just because you are ready for Logan to go back to school doesn't mean you're wrong for that. You are right - it benefits him greatly to be back in school with children his own age. It's not easy being the oldest sibling, and it definitely not easy being a child surrounded by babies all the time. You and Tony have been doing a great job to make sure he has his "big boy" time with you both and with his friends.

c) I have another toy for the twins to share. It's something I had for Tashie when she was a baby. It's kinda like a really really mini slide thing. Once you see it you will recognize it. It is sitting in my attic right now so I'll try to remember to bring it to you this week or something.

4) I miss you all!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home