Sunday, August 19, 2007

First Solo Steps

Madelyn took her first solo steps today. I came home from taking Logan and Madelyn to get their hair cut and walked in to sit her down but she stood instead. I got in front of her and encouraged her to walk towards me and her feet moved about three steps before falling. YEAH!!! Let's get this girl walking. Yeah, I know that means she'll move faster but it also means more independence and she'll stop crying everytime she's tired of crawling and wants us to pick her up. She'll be able to catch up with her brothers when playing or can walk in the grass outside instead of being scared to sit down in it. I'm ready for her to walk.

4 Comments:

At 9:42 PM, Blogger Faith, Hope, and Love said...

Yipee!!! Congratulations Madelyn!!!

-Robin

 
At 3:28 AM, Blogger Shannon said...

Yay Madelyn!! Woohoo!

 
At 8:26 AM, Blogger Kennedy and Jaida's mom said...

I said the same thing for Kennedy about walking. And it has and continues to be a blessing. No more carrying her everywhere (my back loves it!) It wasn't until 16 months that it happened so her brain wanted to go places but her feet wouldn't take her there. PLUS she didn't crawl, she scooted...which made it hard to get around when we were out anywhere.

It's all behind us now and walking is wonderful!

 
At 10:59 AM, Blogger Kricket said...

Oh, I can't wait to see it!! I was so going to come over today but had to take my van in to be serviced only to find out the dealership lied to us and we do NOT get a rental car! ugh! Anyway, when I get the van back I want to see that girl walk. :) Maybe you can youtube it for us. :) love you all!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home