Wednesday, July 25, 2007

If you ever clean poop off a baby and it's not his, you might be a parent of multiples

So, who ate who's poop?

Madelyn is known for her blowouts. We even had her rechecked for parasites again recently and all this came back negative. The latest is this may be a problem due to all the antibiotics she took after coming home.

Sunday and Monday were no different with pooping and blowing out all day long. Monday while the three babies were eating in their highchairs, Madelyn blew out. I thought I had smelled something but wasn't sure who it was. I took the boys down first and then Madelyn was last. As I pulled her out, I didn't know it was down her leg so it got all over my arm and clothes. I quickly headed towards my bedroom where there's a changing table. I got her stripped down and to the tub to wash her off and then back to the living room I go b/c I had left the boys in there.

As I walked into the living room, I discover Nate has poop on his hands and face near his mouth. I don't know if he ate it or not but it was right at his mouth. I put Madelyn in the floor (no clothes on so I was chancing it happening again) and learned it was in the floor. She must have made some droppings on our way to the changing table and that's what Nate got into. I quickly grabbed towels and threw them on the spots in the carpet to cover it up while I cleaned Nate up to keep the other two out of it. (That didn't work by the way b/c Madelyn crawled over and started playing with the towels.)

I rip Nate's clothes off and put him in the sink and wipe out his mouth and clean him up. I still had the carpet to clean up after that and the tub, sink and changing table.

Nate has been running a fever since yesterday afternoon off and on. If he still has it in the morning I think we'll be making a trip to the doctor to make sure it's not related to this incident.

2 Comments:

At 10:34 PM, Blogger Kim said...

OH MY...
You had an interesting day.. Hope all is well.. and Nate gets better.
Have a great evening.
Kim

 
At 12:06 PM, Blogger RamblingMother said...

When my niece was a tiny baby but big enough to get into trouble she found a really dirty diaper on a child's slide at the playground and yup, you guessed it, she came down with something after the incident too. Never again did they go to a public playground.

Hope they all get well and stay poop free.

Beverly

 

Post a Comment

<< Home