Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Not gonna try this again

 

I had to cut Madelyn's nails so I got this not-so-bright idea to try to paint her toenails for the first time. The bottle said it dries in 60 seconds - well, that was a lie. First I had to fight off the boys to do this and find a position to hold Madelyn to be able to hold her feet. Her 2nd toe tends to overlap over the big toe so it kept rubbing off the paint. She also has the tendency to curl her toes in like a newborn baby does with his/her feet. She wanted to touch and hold the brush and wiggle and squirm and fuss and in the end, she was crying, Andrew got hurt falling down beside me b/c he wanted to do the painting and Nate squeeled b/c he wasn't getting a turn to have his painted. AND the polish looks horrible on her toes. She's even got polish on her legs. It's going to be a while before I attempt this again.
Posted by Picasa

4 Comments:

At 3:37 PM, Blogger Faith, Hope, and Love said...

Gotta give you credit for trying! Its a cute photo anyway! Lauren curls her toes and holds her feet the same way.

Robin

 
At 6:02 AM, Blogger OziMum said...

hehehe! I used to use, painting Mikayla's nails as a bribe so I could cut her nails! She HATED having her nails cut! She's 10 now, and does a good job herself!

 
At 11:11 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

don't fret my dear - nail polish on skin comes off after a bath! good job though! i think it's cute! :)

 
At 8:51 PM, Blogger Kricket said...

If you would like me to do it next let me know. With three daughters I have lots of experience painting the toenails of squirmy children (even at the age of 6 months)... hey! remember when you were preggers with the twins and I gave you a good (non-sexual, just in case anyone has their mind in the gutter) foot massage and then painted your toenails? That was fun. :) so you know I do a good job. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home