Thursday, July 19, 2007

Please don't call me Granny

I know I just had another birthday and already feel old enough but when someone actually thinks I'm a grandmother, that just makes me feel even worse.

I met a friend at Wendy's resturant today and as were trying to figure out seating arrangements (BTW, this resturant only had TWO highchairs - I should have had a talk with their manager about this but I didn't) the elderly man that was cleaning around the tables ask me while I'm holding Madelyn "Is this your grandbaby?"

Oh my goodness......he thought I was a grandma. I look at my friend and smile but not the kinda smile when you are happy but the kind that says "I can't believe he just asked me this."

I smirk and look at him and say "no, this is my child." He says back, "Oh, I didn't see the resemblance."

Then this same man says "You know we got them coming in all the time here." THEM? What did he mean by THEM?

I think I'll dye my hair black. Think this will help stop some of the comments about Madelyn being my child?

3 Comments:

At 12:08 AM, Blogger Hopeful Mommy said...

Oh good grief! There is no way you look like a grandmother. He must be as blind as a bat. Don't let him get you down girl, obviously the man has no clue about anything. Happy Birthday!

 
At 10:06 AM, Blogger RamblingMother said...

Stupidity of the generations I guess.

Beverly

 
At 2:26 PM, Blogger Kennedy and Jaida's mom said...

Paaaleeease! I swear, some people should just not say anything. And you definitely don't look like a granny!! The things people say...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home