Thursday, November 30, 2006

Thought I could go back to sleep after that news

Nope, couldn't do it. I woke Tony up and told him the news that we missed the cut-off of referrals this time. It was bound to happen to us. This is how our luck runs.

Back when I found out I was pregnant with the twins, we actually thought we would see Madelyn before we saw the twins. Now they are probably going to have their first birthday before we meet her in China.

I've been trying to find the bright side to this. Here's all I can come up with...

1) More time with just two babies instead of three. Nathaniel and Andrew will be older, maybe even walking before Madelyn is home. I don't have to rush to wean them from nursing as fast now.
2) More time to pack and be ready for the trip
3) No rush during the Holiday's to make travel arrangements
4) More time to shop for her (like she doesn't already have everything a baby could want or need but a little more time to collect more things to spoil her with when she gets here)
5) More chances of her having a birthdate closer to the twins or Logan's birthday. The twins due date was Logan's birthday but they arrived 6 weeks early. This would also mean her birthmom was pregnant at the same time I was with the twins.
6) We'll have time to do our tax returns for 2006 before she arrives.
7) The weather for our trip may be warmer so our luggage will be lighter.
8) She'll be in China to celebrate maybe her first Chinese New Year (could even be her 2nd one).

We'll definitely have to renew our I-171H now. I have it ready to go out anyway whenever I decide to make a trip to the post office to mail it out. No rush right now just as long as it is valid after 2/9/07.

2 Comments:

At 9:00 PM, Blogger Kennedy and Jaida's mom said...

I'm so sorry you missed the cut off by one day. That just plain stinks. Good for you for looking at the bright side of it all. Now you can say you are next for sure. I cannot wait to see Madelyn with her 3 brothers! Best wishes.

 
At 3:03 AM, Blogger OziMum said...

Glad to see your optimism! Did you ever read the "do they have salsa in china" blog? They missed out by one day. When I met Rod and M3, they said after the initial horrible disappointment, it was actually great. They KNEW they were next. Could plan things alot easier etc. I guess it may be tricky with travelling because of CNY? Would be awesome to be in China for CNY, though!!!
Sorry you missed out. Let me tell you, I'm extremely p*ssed that only 14 days were allocated....it's a long time til they get to 22 Feb!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home