Friday, August 04, 2006

BPOH - Foyer/entry

I didn't get any pictures taken today for the BPOH but I'll tell a little about my house. Right now as you walk up our short sidewalk, you will find on the right empty holes where I pulled up dead shrubs. I guess the builders thought we could remember to water those plants while attending to twin babies at home. I decided it looked better to have holes in the ground instead of dead boxwoods. On the left side, however; I have planted two new azeleas. Hopefully they'll live. I plan on putting more of those in. Right now it's so hot outside I'm not sure how anything new survives outside. My bench I bought is sitting outside also waiting for a new coat of paint. On our front porch we have a table we bought from Lowe's a couple months ago. I really like it. We turned over our formal dining room to an office so I thought adding a table outside our front door would give a little extra eating space. I still have an empty space to the right of the porch. I'm not sure yet what I'll do about that area.

Unfortantely when you walk into our house, all you see is a mess. Our foyer stays clutter with two infant car seats, items brought in from stores, shoes left at the front door and laundry baskets b/c the laundry room is right off the foyer and it's not big enough to keep all the baskets in there. I wish we had a larger laundry room. On the bright side, I did vacuum today so there is clean floors past the foyer.

I want to buy something to sit on in the foyer that opens up so we can store all the shoes that collect at the front door in it. We don't wear our shoes indoors so they stop right at the entrance of the front door.

My foyer is open up to the height of the 2nd floor ceiling. There is a plant ledge over the front door that still needs some decorating. I also want some sort of window dressing for that window b/c it's on the East side of the house and in the mornings we get blinded by the sunlight coming through. However, I'm a bit scared of ladders so I'll have to con someone else into hanging a curtain and rod for me.

Project Playroom is still in the works. Today I got the two green walls painted and I also got the area connecting the playroom to the bathroom, attic and closet painted in red. The red paint was not easy. I put two coats on and I think it could still use another. I've got to hurry and finish this room up for two reasons 1) Logan wants it back to a playroom and all the mess cleared up in there from painting 2) Leia will not walk on plastic laying in the floor. She decided she'd use the bathroom on a blanket instead of walking across plastic to her litter box. This cat has issues, but I still love her.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home