Thursday, February 09, 2006

What I'm NOT Going to Miss About Apartment Living

As I sit here listening to my nieghbor's stereo system through the walls, it reminds me of what I will not miss once we move out. (BTW- we're in the middle of the 3 story apartment building.)

1. Noises from next door....music, seems like they are always hammering on the wall maybe hanging a wallhanging or something like that, and I can always here their washer and dryer.

2. Noises upstairs...They like to vacuum at 11:00pm. They also have a runner above us. (I'm sure the ones below us hear Logan too runing).

3. I will not miss carrying groceries up the stairs or anything else that has to come up.

4. I will not miss carrying things down the stairs either like trash and also having to carry trash up the road to the dumpster. I look forward to having trash pick-up again.

5. I will not miss the clutter. When you don't have space to hide things, you get more clutter.

6. I will not miss the closet size kitchen.

7. I will not miss parking in a parking lot instead of a driveway. There's been a few dents added to our vehicle doors from careless residents parking beside us.

8. I will not miss the slow mail service. The postal carrier doesn't come until about 5pm and has sometimes not arrived until 7pm or later. Then if she has packages for us, she never delivers to us. They go to the apartment office and we have to wait until the next day when the apartment office opens to get our packages.

9. I will not miss the tiny washer and dryer in our apartment. I can't wait to get my own w/d out of storage. Seems like we do twice the laundry b/c the washer and dryer will only hold about 2 days worth for the 3 of us. My extra capacity washer could wash a King size comforter.

10. We will not miss the city traffic around the apartment complex.

This list could go on and on....

1 Comments:

At 5:59 PM, Blogger Isabel said...

I am so jealous...

Here's to getting out of the apartment and into your new house!!

HOORAY

 

Post a Comment

<< Home