Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Early Christmas Present

Tony is afraid I'll be put to bedrest with this pregnancy soon so tonight he gave me an early Christmas present....trip to a Maternity Spa. I didn't even know these existed. They are just for expecting moms. Wonder if this includes expecting moms that are adopting? I'll have to ask about that one when I go. I am going to try to get an appointment soon. I've only had one other trip to a spa and it was a gift from Tony also for my first Mother's Day present. This time I will get a facial and a massage and I don't know what else. I've never had a massage like this before and am a bit nervous about it b/c I'm a bit modest. I know it will feel wonderful so hopefully I want be too freaked out about someone else touching me I don't know.

2 Comments:

At 10:17 PM, Blogger PinkDevora said...

Melissa, massages are GREAT. I am also quite modest, so I was very nervous when I finally caved and had a massage at a resort we were staying at a few years ago.

OH HEAVEN.

They keep you carefully covered so that you're never all exposed, and you can, um, leave your panties on if you're uncomfortable (I think I did).

I would LOVE to go back to a spa. It was also the first time I had a facial, and other guests at the hotel said I was just *glowing* afterwards. Facials are yum too.

 
At 10:43 AM, Blogger M3 said...

Ooooo, I LOVE massages. I refused to go for years because I was so afraid and modest, but now I'm addicted. (Oh, well, I guess I should say I WAS addicted back when I had a salary...)

Anyhow, you can request a male or female technician when you make the appointment (I always request female), and then keep on as many clothes as you want. Also, if you tell them you don't usually do this and are kind of shy they'll take great pains to reassure you throughout the whole process.

One other thing, and this one took a while for me to learn: don't be shy about telling them if they're massaging too hard in a certain area. And don't be afraid to say it three times if you have to. My arms are really sensitive and they have to really adjust the pressure. But they'd much rather have you tell them exactly what you want than sit there unhappy.

Cool. Enjoy!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home