Tuesday, November 29, 2005

More Depressing News

I got a call today that I might have gestational diabetes. I feel so down right now about it. Last week I had blood drawn to check other things b/c of the pain I continue to have on one side. After I left, the doctor added on a glucose test. I'm assuming he did this b/c the babies measure big. Normally this is not done until around 26 weeks. I was 20 last week. My glucose came back high. I have to be retested next week. They are waiting b/c I take a medication for insulin resistance and need to wean off of it before retesting. If I have GD, then I may have to go on insulin injections. Can any more stress be added on to this pregnancy? I have been told that this is more common in twin pregnancies. No Christmas goodies for me this year.

1 Comments:

At 9:43 AM, Blogger Shannon said...

I'm sorry to hear this. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you that the first test was a mistake and you don't have GD. Good luck!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home