Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Ornaments

Today while at Wal-Mart I stumbled by the stand with the children's ornaments that already have names printed on them. I looked for the names of all my kids (future included) and could only find the name Andrew. So, I decided to go by the jewelry department and make some with names. These ornaments are cheap but cute....$0.97. The person engraving didn't do that great of a job but I think the kids will appreciate it though one day. I have a few from my childhood that I received as gifts that I still hang on my tree. I bought the train of course for Logan. The two wagons are for the twins. I couldn't decide on which one for Madelyn but when I saw the mailbox I thought that would be perfect since right now we're waiting on our referral. I don't think it comes by US Mail but it's still the idea that we're waiting on a package from China telling us who our child is and where she is and when we can go get her.

This also got me to thinking today about when to start Madelyn's "First Christmas" ornament. I started the "My First Christmas" train from Hallmark four years ago and today bought his fourth train piece ornament. I'd like to do the same for Madelyn but I don't know if this year is considered her "First" even though she is not here or is it next year her "First" when she spends her "First" with us. Any suggestions?

2 Comments:

At 1:24 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

We waited until we receieved our daughter to get her first Christmas ornament. We adopted our daughter tomorrow Dec 1, three years ago from China. She was nine months old, so while we waited during Christmas 01 for her, she was not even born. So my suggestion is to wait.

 
At 6:58 AM, Blogger My Baby Ain't White said...

Last year at Christmastime, we bought an ornament that said "Parents-to-be" on it -- it will go in Gwen's ornament box for her just like the one we bought this year.

(We did hang her stocking though as we were sure she had been born by that point -- the funny thing is, she wasn't actually born until a month later!! But it made us feel good so that's my advice - do what makes you feel good!)

~Karen

 

Post a Comment

<< Home