Saturday, October 15, 2005

Pregnancy and Infant Loss Remembrance Day

I completely forgot what today was until I read my email tonight. Today is the day set aside to remember those that have lost babies during pregnancy or as a young child.

Remembering Our Babies

We've had so much going on lately that we didn't remember the importance of this day. We've lost three, two to early miscarriage and one in 2nd trimester. I've met many women in the past few years that have lost babies. Some of these have lost many and some may have lost just one. No matter how many, it still hurts no matter what whether it's one or ten.

A nurse I saw recently at my reproductive endocrinologist's office after loosing Reagan told me about her loss. She said she had 5 children. I think it was her 4th that she lost during childbirth. Her children are all grown but she says she still thinks about that one baby she lost. We talked about all the stupid comments people made to a person after loosing a child. I'm pretty sure now I've heard them all. This is the first nurse I think I've ever had to share her experience with me like she did that day.

To all the Moms and Dads that have lost babies, you are in my thoughts and prayers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home