Sunday, September 25, 2005

Sad Goodbye's

This weekend we have been busy packing and moving boxes into storage. It's really sad to be leaving our first home. We went to church this morning for the last time for a while (we'll be visiting off and on especially while I continue to play in our little band at church). Many came up to us and wished us luck on our move and told us how much they'll miss us. Even one person in church asked for a special prayer request for "The Hooker's" during their move and said she was really going to miss us and we even got an "Amen" from the crowd. I'm going to miss that church. The people there have been really good to us and we've made so many friends since we joined there.

One thing I am going to miss the most about that church is our daughter's gravesite. Love's has been so wonderful to us since we lost Reagan. We've had lots of support from many of the members there. Even though we don't visit her grave as often as we did at first, I still make sure I drive by and blow a kiss towards her grave every time I go by. Right now there are plots reserved beside her for me and Tony but who knows where we'll be when that time comes.

We also will be saying good bye to our dogs Wednesday. A man answered my newspaper ad today and finally for the first time I got someone actually looking for an older, big dog. Everyone else was wanting a small dog or a puppy. He brought his wife and two kids and another girl (friend of their daughter) to our home to see Lacey. The man really liked Lacey and the kids really liked Kayla. They are going to take both dogs Wednesday. I'm really glad we found them a home. They said they have lots of room and a wooded area for them to run around and play. I'm glad the two get to stay together. Even though the two dogs fight a lot, they also take care of each other. It's going to be hard saying good bye to them. Even Logan doesn't want them to go and it's hard to explain to a 3 year old "why" we are not taking them with us.

I'm going to miss some of my neighbors also. I'm sure Stephanie and I will not lose contact. Logan is really going to miss going to her house practically anytime he wants and walking in and get all kinds of sweets to eat and even having a toy box at her house to get into.

We'll find a new church and start over and we'll make new friends with our neighbors eventually and life will go on, but we'll never forget what we left behind either.

1 Comments:

At 11:38 PM, Blogger M3 said...

Hi Melissa, best of luck with the move. It's always tough, but I think things always work out for the best.

Sorry to hear about your dogs. Are you moving to a smaller place?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home