Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Oh, How I HATE Packing and Moving

Let me just vent a little....I hate packing and moving. We've been in this house for 6 years come November and have accumulated lots of Junk....ok, stuff (that might sound a little better since it's not all junk). Trying to pack around a 3 year old isn't easy either. Also, we're trying to pack for what goes to our apartment and what goes to storage. I've discovered also some places will not give up their boxes. At first I was able to get boxes from the ABC store. I had to take Logan with me and he just loves telling others that he's been to the ABC store and they sell boxes. I stopped going here afraid he was going to start telling his preschool friends and teachers he's been going to the ABC store. I've left Wal-Mart and K-mart both with two buggies, one with my items I bought and one filled with boxes.

I should be an expert mover by now. I've lived in at least 12 different places my life but of course most of them I didn't do the moving and packing since it was my younger years. During my college years, I lived in 4 different suites, 1 highrise dorm room and one apartment. Tony has only lived in 5 places (not counting college years) and 3 of those were with me. This is Logan's first move and hopefully last before he moves out or goes off to college.

Not only is the packing a pain in the neck, but also calling around to change addresses on bills, stopping utilities and starting new ones up.

We've thrown so much stuff away that we got a notice from the garbage service that we were going to be fined. We were putting out 4 trash cans instead of the 2 we pay for so I had to pay extra for a 3rd can and if a neighbor only has out one can at pickup, we're putting our 4th at their house. Now, how do you get them to throw away the trash can itself since we don't need them anymore?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home