Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Happy Anniversary to Us

Today is our 8th wedding anniversary. This morning we forgot to even say Happy Annivesary to each other. I remembered after Tony left for work. We've been so busy with packing and moving and living in two different places that we can't even remember our own anniversary. We have no big plans to celebrate. This past Saturday Logan's 16 year old girlfriend babysat him so we could see a movie and eat out. Our only plans today are to meet with our home builder at 1:00 for a preconstruction meeting. Then I'll travel back home and Tony goes back to work but he his coming home tonight.

Here's what we were doing 8 years ago today....
At this time early in the morning I think I maybe had slept a few hours at my mom's house but that was it and I spent the morning outside with my dog Lady (beautiful collie) talking to her and petting her. Tony spent the night at a hotel. He stayed up writing a poem to be read at our wedding that he surprised me with during the ceremony. We spent the morning getting ready, making sure everything was packed, my dress was at the right place and I'll never forget one of my bridesmaids loosing her shoes. I don't remember exactly what happened but there was some confusion of who picked them up and who had them. I was so stressed out that I was ready for this day to be over and done with. We had an afternoon ceremony with 7 bridesmaids, 7 groomsmen, 2 jr. bridesmaids, ring bearer and flower girl. It rained after our ceremony the rest of the evening. We spent our first night married in Charlotte (b/c our plane wasn't leaving until the next day from Charlotte Douglas Airport). The hotel had a class reunion going on that night and all we heard all night was a bunch of drunk old people running the halls. The next day we got on the plane to FL to find out the travel agent had us separated but we were able to switch seats with someone. Our rental car blew up on us before we ever made it to our hotel. We spent the week in Orlando and had a great time at Walt Disney World and Daytona Beach.

Eight years later we're still together. We've lived in 2 apartments together and owned a home together for 6 years and now moving again to hopefully settle into a home soon for a very long time into a place we're we will raise our children until they move out. We've been blessed with a son and now more children on the way. We're just your typical old married couple.

Happy Annivesary to Us!!!

1 Comments:

At 12:08 PM, Blogger M3 said...

Happy anniversary!

Hey I'd take Bridget up on her offer - sounds like a good one. :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home