Sunday, June 26, 2005

Clothes, clothes, and more clothes

I've decided to start going through all of Logan's old clothes. I'm only looking through about 9 months and up. I think we had more clothes for him these past 3 years than I've had my entire lifetime. I'm probably not going to touch the little baby clothes b/c I'll probably cry remembering how little he once was and I don't think I can go through them being it's been only about 2 1/2 months since we lost our baby. I'm dividing them up into "Keepers" which are the ones that could be for a little girl b/c it's highly possible our new baby will be a girl since that's what China's orphans mostly are, "Consignments" are the clothes that are in very good shape that are definitely for a boy that I can probably get some money off of which will go into our adoption fund, and "Give-Away's" which are good clothes, maybe a few stains, but most are missing the tag with the size and I know consignment shops will not take these. I'm going to put the give-away's in a yard sale bag to take to church since we're having a big yard sale there in July to benefit the building fund.

I'm probably going to list some items on ebay as well. I'm trying to find all crib pieces that I had in Logan's room. He had the Blue Jean Teddy Theme and I have lots of things with this theme. I've sold some on ebay already but now it's time to get rid of the rest. I've decided to keep a quilt and a blanket with this theme but that's probably it.

I've got lots more Rubbermaid containers to go through which may take me all week, plus I've got lots of baby toys to go through. If we (it would have to be a miracle) ever have another baby and it's a boy, I'm sure we'll collect just as much the next time around so I'm not too terribly sad about getting rid of lots of this stuff. I am going to keep the really special outfits though like his first Halloween costume - Spiderman.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home