Saturday, June 18, 2005

HFS Meeting in Cary

Last night we met Kim Sumrow, our dossier consultant, at Colonial Baptist Church in Cary. She flew up from TX to meet with NC families. The seminar was mainly to introduce HFS to new people but also so that families that are using or have used HFS could meet and ask each other questions. The first part was a slide show of HFS children. I had tears flowing down my cheeks watching these beautiful children. I especially cried heavy tears when I saw a caucasion boy laying down in bed beside his Chinese sister as if they were maybe reading a book (but you couldn't see that). I thought of Logan of course with his new sister. It was so adorable.

I learned last night that only 1% of the orphans are adopted out of China. 98% are girls and 2% are boys. Twins are very rare but do occur. Seems like it would be easier for us to get a child from there with the number of children they have that need homes.

We spoke to Kim after her presentation and she told us she read our home study on the plane ride. Hopefully next week then she can offer suggestions and we can submit to Nathanson's and get our final copy soon.

Before I left for the trip, I finally got the three documents mentioned earlier notarized. I may have broken our fax/copier trying to copy them at home so I had to go to the post office and copy these and realized when I got there a FedEx dropoff was out front which saved me time running around to another FedEx dropoff.

When we got home today, we found a mailbox full of lawyers and doctors letter b/c of my accident Thursday night. Unbelievable that not even 48 hours, they are already trying to get my business. I'm fine except sore in the neck and upper back. If it's still sore Monday, I may ask a doctor their opinion. I just want my van fixed. A messed up bumper though has gotten others attention at the back of my van and they've asked about the Bless Our Red Thread magnet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home