Sunday, June 26, 2005

International Adoption vs Domestic

I'm always being asked why not adopt in the States instead of another country b/c USA has so many orphans. We interviewed DSS and Family Services about Domestic adoption and even applied with DSS. DSS called us the week after I found out I was pregnant with Reagan but that was only to get started in the process, but we were still considering overseas then as well especially China. The best choice in the end for us was International Adoption even though it is expensive and the child will not look like us. What I want to say back to those people is "Why NOT China?". I am going to pass around my movie "China's Lost Girls" which explains why we chose this country (we chose it before watching the movie but it gives so many reasons why to chose this country over another). So far everyone I have shown it to has cried and can't wait for to meet our new baby and they want one themselves. If any of my local readers wants to borrow this, let me know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home