Saturday, June 25, 2005

More Books

Thursday and Today I went to a Scholastic Book Sale (I had to go twice this week b/c the sale was so good). Twice a year it is open to teachers, faculty, principals, etc (mainly people that educate others) and they discount everything 1/2 off. Even the clearance was half off. Lots of books for under $1.00 were available. I bought bunches but two I wanted to post about. One of my son's friends, Joseph, found a book and came running to me to show me. It was a Lucky Ladybug book. It's a pull-the-tab cloth book. Of course I had to get it for our China baby. I also found a book called Chinese Cinderella. It says it is a true story of an unwanted daughter but the back doesn't necesarrily say she was adopted. I'll have to read it and post my thoughts later. I bought three copies since it was so cheap and I thought I'd give two of them away. Each were only 50 cents. It's by Adeline Yen Mah. I can't seem to finish another book I started that was loaned to me so it might be a while before I get to this one.

I got lots of books for Logan and our new addition that I'm saving for Christmas. We will not have our new baby by then but Santa may still come to visit her/him.

Not Adoption Related
I donated money to The Compassionate Friends recently in memory of our daughter Reagan we recently lost. I got a letter that says her name will be carried in her memory in their Memorial Walk in Boston, Massachusetts on July 3. Their website is www.compassionatefriends.org. She will always be remembered. I wanted to post this b/c so many turn to adoption for the same reasons we have - infertility and pregnancy losses - and they still want a family. I haven't been to any of their meetings but they seem to be great organization to help in the grieving process. They've sent me several things in the mail already. The money donated goes towards resources that are distributed to families like ours.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home